Effective Date: 30 May 2023
The Website and its Content is owned by MINDFUL PASSIONS INTERNATIONAL, LLC (“Company,” “we,” or “us”). The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our Website (“Website”).
MINDFUL PASSIONS INTERNATIONAL, LLC
300 Lenora Street
Seattle, Washington, 98121
2. Information We May Collect
We collect personal information from you so that we can provide you with a positive experience when utilizing our Website or content. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill our obligation to you. We may collect the following information:
- Name and email address: We collect this information when you provide it to us in our contact forms, and it is used to deliver our newsletter to you with your consent.
- Mobile phone number: We collect this information to deliver appointment reminders and other SMS messages with your consent.
- Billing information: We collect your name, address, and credit card information to process payment and deliver our products or services to you under our contractual obligation.
- Contact form information: If you complete our contact form with a question, we may collect your name and email address. We may send you marketing emails based on your consent or legitimate interest in contacting you.
Please note that the above-mentioned personal data ("Personal Data") that you provide to us is voluntary, and by providing this information, you consent to our use, collection, and processing of this Personal Data. You can opt-out or request the deletion of your Personal Data at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Data, you may not be able to participate in certain aspects of our Website or Content.
3. Anonymous Data Collection and Use
To maintain the high quality of our Website, we may collect and use your IP address to diagnose server problems, administer the Website, identify the most heavily used areas, and display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is a number assigned to computers connected to the Internet, which does not personally identify you but helps us for marketing purposes and service improvement. Anonymous traffic data, which does not track your activities on other websites, may be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
4. Use of "Cookies"
5. What We Do with the Information We Collect
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Contact You: We may contact you based on the following lawful grounds for processing:
- Consent: We may contact you if you have provided clear, unambiguous, affirmative consent to be contacted.
- Contract: We will contact you under our contractual obligation to deliver the goods or services you purchase from us.
- Legitimate Interest: We may contact you if we believe you have a legitimate interest in hearing from us. For example, if you sign up for a webinar, we may send you marketing emails based on the content of that webinar. You will always have the option to opt out of any of our emails.
- Process Payments: We will use the Personal Data you provide to us to process your payment for the purchase of goods or services under a contract. We only use third-party payment processors that take the utmost care to secure data and comply with the GDPR. For more detailed information, please review our Payments, Refunds, and Satisfaction Policy.
- Targeted Social Media Advertisements: We may use the data you provide to us to run social media advertisements and/or create look-alike audiences for advertisements.
- Share with Third Parties: We may share your information with trusted third parties, such as our newsletter provider for email communication, our merchant accounts for payment processing, and Google/social media accounts for running advertisements. These third parties are obligated to protect your data and comply with applicable data protection laws.
- Viewing by Others: Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily share your Personal Data online through our Website or its content, it may be seen, collected, and used by others. We cannot be held responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information you voluntarily share.
6. Submission, Storage, Sharing, and Transferring of Personal Data
The Personal Data you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who need it for obtaining, managing, or storing that information or who have a legitimate need to know it (e.g., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors, or team members).
7. Data Retention
We retain your Personal Data for the minimum amount of time necessary to provide you with the information and/or services you requested from us. We may retain certain Personal Data for longer periods if required for legal, contractual, and accounting obligations.
We aim to keep your Personal Data confidential. We may disclose such information if required to do so by law or in good faith belief that:
- Such action is necessary to protect and defend our property or rights or those of our users or licensees.
- It is necessary to protect the personal safety or rights of our users or the public.
To use certain features of the Website or its content, you may need a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password. We cannot be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password, or account information. If you suspect unauthorized use of your account, please notify us immediately.
10. How You Can Access, Update, or Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- Request information about how your Personal Data is being used and request a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- Restrict processing if you believe the Personal Data is inaccurate, unlawful, or no longer needed.
- Rectify or erase Personal Data and receive confirmation of the rectification or erasure (the "right to be forgotten").
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe we are using your Personal Data unlawfully.
- Receive Personal Data portability and transfer to another controller without hindrance.
- Object to our use of your Personal Data.
- Not be subject to automated decisions based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which legally or significantly affects you.
To exercise these rights or for any inquiries about your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
You may unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time by using the unsubscribe link provided in the footer of all email communications. If you have questions or encounter issues unsubscribing, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from misuse, disclosure, or unauthorized access. We only share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who employ similar data protection measures. However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee absolute security. In the event of a known data breach, we will inform you promptly.
13. Anti-Spam Policy
We have a no-spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all emails. We comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and do not send misleading information. We will not sell, rent, or share your email address.
14. Third-Party Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any other individual, company, or entity whose website or materials may be linked to our Website or its content. We recommend reviewing their privacy policies for guidelines on how they store, use, and protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
15. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the GDPR. Our Website and its content are directed to individuals who are at least 21 years old or older.
16. Notification of Changes
17. Data Controllers and Processors
We are the data controller responsible for collecting and using your Personal Data. We use trusted third parties as our data processors for technical and organizational purposes, including payments and email marketing. We ensure that our data processors comply with GDPR requirements.
18. SMS Privacy
- Third-Party Data Sharing: Opt-in data and consent for text messaging originator will not be shared with third parties.
Last Updated: 12 Sep 2023